Total Boox for Libraries
Apple iOS 10 users - There is a known issue with the Total Boox app only allowing numeric library cards. If your library card contains alpha characters, please read this note
This innovative ebook service allows users to have an unlimited number of ebooks for as long as they like.
- Total Boox is available on mobile devices only. No desktop readers are available at this time.
- Total Boox is free for WY library users. WY users should not install the fee-based app for paying customers.
- Users will need a Wyoming library card and PIN to set up Total Boox on a mobile device.
- Library cards must be in good standing. E.g. not expired or have late fees.
Total Boox partners with over thirty established publishers, including Lonely Planet, Berlitz, Workman, Algonquin, New World Library, Sourcebooks, Other Press, Red Wheel/Weiser, De Gruyter, O'Reilly, Berrett-Koehler, Elsevier, and F+W Media. Many more are on the horizon. New titles are added each week.
Amazon: All Kindle Fires, except 1st generation Kindle Fire (2011), Kindle Fire HD (2012), and HD 8.9 WAN (2012).
iOS: iPhone4 and on iPad2 and above (including the mini), iPod touch - minimum iOS 7.0.
Android: Most devices
Windows Phone: no support.
eInk readers: no support.
Apple iOS 10 and above
The Total Boox app only allowes numeric library cards to be entered in the app. To enter a library card with alpha characters, type the card number into another app on the device, such as the Notes app. Then use the copy and paste function in iOS to copy the string from the Notes app and then paste it into the library card field when logging in to Total Boox.
Books never expire in Total Boox, but if you would like to remove one from your shelves:
- On iOS devices - Tap the three dots under the cover of the book
- Select 'Remove' from the popup menu
- On Android devices - Tap the cover and choose 'remove' or 'delete'
- *You can't remove books from shelves created by other users (if you have downloaded a pre-selected shelf from Total Boox)